Join us - positions open!
HEAD CHEF / EXECUTIVE CHEF
Fantastic opportunity for a passionate Executive / Head Chef who loves Modern Asian food to join award winning restaurant group in Melbourne’s CBD. Take your career to the next level.
The operate a successful restaurant group in Melbourne with plans for expansion. Based in Melbourne’s CBD, we are looking for an exceptional Chef, ready to take the next step in their career and lead a passionate, award winning team on their creative journey.
For over 11 years, Apples + Pears has been dedicated to bringing diners all the spice and energy of Asia. From Thailand to Malaysia, China to Vietnam, and everywhere in between, our teams at Red Spice Road and Burma Lane deliver food so pretty you almost won’t want to eat it. Considered Melbourne’s experts in big, bold Asian fusion flavours, guests love dining with us repeatedly naming Red Spice Road as home to Melbourne’s favourite pork belly.
With new venues on the horizon, Apples + Pears Entertainment Group offers a fun and exciting working environment with exceptional training and career development opportunities and excellent benefits. We highly value our staff and reward our people with above market rates.
About the role:
- Opportunity to work in a kitchen built to the highest standards managing a team of highly successful award-winning chefs
- Join a forward thinking, creative team with their fingers on the pulse of Modern Asian dining and a drive to expand and set new benchmarks
- Fast paced environment where a passion for quality and consistency is maintained under pressure
- The ability to build your profile and interact with engaged diners through our presence at major events, interactive cooking classes and in venue special events
Skills and Experience required:
- Demonstrated skill in modern Asian on trend menu development and enticing seasonal menu adjustments;
- Demonstrated skill in senior kitchen team management (minimum 2 years);
- Demonstrated experience in large format restaurant and catering for large numbers of discerning guests;
- Demonstrated skill in cost and wage control;
- A leader with a cool, calm, collected, hands on approach to leading and training a culturally diverse team;
- A passion for multi-cultural Modern Asian food and local produce;
- A structured, organised approach and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exposure to and experience within a fast paced well known restaurant operation will be highly regarded
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary, great working environment and a young, fun enthusiastic team.
Please send your resume with a covering letter and tell us more about yourself. Apply now!
PERMANENT / CASUAL WAIT STAFF
Do you have at least 1 year waiting experience in a fun and busy or fine dining environment? Do you like to make diners smile? Come be part of our fun, young team with flexible hours and ongoing training available. To apply, please submit your resume detailing past work experience, along with a brief cover letter outlining which position you are applying for, your preferred restaurant / location (if any), and a little something about you. Apply now!